Please see the very exciting opportunity below.
Executive Director : Fundraising & Development
Canada Bikes – Canada Bikes is a growing and dynamic non-profit organization providing a strong national voice for everyday cycling in Canada.
Job Purpose – The Executive Director is a contract position commencing September 1, 2016 or earlier and responsible for organizational fundraising and development, the successful leadership and management of Bike Day In Canada, and working with the Board on encouraging the Federal Government to adopt and implement a National Cycling Strategy.
- Obtaining core funding for the organization through grants, membership and business contributions that would enable the Executive Director position to continue.
- Helping Canada Bikes diversify its funding sources and increase financial support for Bike Day In Canada
- Building relationships with cycling or other organizations and businesses across the country
- Organizing internal discussions regarding the development of a National Cycling Strategy
- Participating in strategic planning sessions and member outreach
- Managing event steering committees for Bike Day in Canada Event
- Managing the Canada Bikes presence at Federation of Canadian Municipalities annual conference and other key events
- Developing and reviewing organizational policies and procedures
- Fundraising experience (grant writing and sponsorship)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Networking and coalition building experience
- Knowledge of government relations, advocacy and campaigning
- Strong leadership, organizational and program management skills
- Marketing skills and knowledge of Social Media and other current marketing techniques
- A good working understanding of cycling and sustainable transportation issues
- Experience and/or training/degree in a related field is an asset (such as Event Planning, Not-for-Profit Management, Urban Planning or Public Administration)
- French/English fluency is an asset
- Location: As the position will involve working with Federal officials, ideally the Executive Director will be either based in Ottawa or able to easily travel there for meetings (i.e.Montreal, Toronto)
- Experience using Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Docs and Contact/Relationships Management Systems
Compensation: This is contract position start at 20 hours per week for 30 weeks with expectation to extend should both parties agree and funding be available. Compensation ranges from from $30 to $40 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Please forward your resume and a cover letter explaining what excites you about this position to [email protected] with “Executive Director” in the Subject. The deadline is midnight August 1, 2016.
Interviews will be held between August 1 and August 8.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.